BMS Introduces the DLC50, New Downlink Control Panel
Broadcast Microwave Services, Inc. (BMS) has introduced a new downlink control panel, model DLC50. The new product advances avionics technology in aircraft used for law enforcement, surveillance, and other applications employing a video downlink system. At only 1.5 high, the DLC50 is a drop-in replacement for BMS HCP-50 to control existing BMS digital or analog downlink systems.
A single DLC50 can control a transmitter, receiver, antenna actuator, RF power amplifier, and several external relays. Transmitter and receiver control is accomplished via dedicated or shared serial ports. Direct configuration of receiver and transmitter is also available via a pass-through serial port located on the DLC50 front panel. Two DLC50s can be connected together to accommodate more than one operator in the aircraft. Among the DLC50s other features are:
• Large, high-contrast OLED display (readable with polarized glasses)
• Automatic microwave filter relay switching
• Easy manual encryption key entry
• USB port for flash drive updates (program, configuration, channel plans, encryption keys, etc.)
• User programmable soft-keys for commonly used functions
• Menus easily customizable for easy access to commonly used functions
• 20 advanced DLC presets plus transmitter internal presets
• NVIS option available; MIL-STD-3009 Class B compatible
• Mounting plate dimensions and fastener locations compliant to MS25212C
• Ruggedized input power conditioning meeting DO-160, MIL-STD-704, and EN2282.
Commenting on the DLC50 introduction, BMS President, Graham Bunney, said, We listened to our customers who asked for an easy to use, easy to read control panel that could incorporate an option for NVIS capability, and BMS has responded with the new DLC50 downlink control panel. Aircraft operators will find the new unit operates very similar to other avionics in the cockpit and will therefore be very intuitive and familiar.
BMS, a Cohu company (NASDAQ: COHU; www.cohu.com ) and a leader in COFDM microwave transmission, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells microwave transmission systems. BMS has a broad range of microwave communication products and systems developed for news and entertainment, law enforcement, unmanned aerial vehicles, and military surveillance applications. For more information on all of BMS products, visit our website at bms.data911.com .
Europe and Asia: Reinhard Kuehn, firstname.lastname@example.org ; 49 (6124) 7239 22